Students who would like to apply for credit transfer on entry should follow the procedure below:
- Completed application form
- Official transcript / examination certificate
- Course / subject information
- Consult their School or major department for advice on the equivalent HKUST course to apply.
- Submit the following documents to ARR no later than one month after the beginning of the student’s first regular term of study at HKUST:
- Completed application - Application for Credit Transfer on Entry (For 4Y Undergraduate Studies) – Online Application System ;
- Official transcript or examination certificate - a copy of finalized results and/or transcript notes from the authority / external institution; upon request students shall present the original or true copy of the documents submitted, particularly for those never been presented to the University (e.g. Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions Office); AND
- Course/subject information - subject syllabuses, course outline including class schedules with topics, assessment criteria and the number of contact hours (lecture/tutorials), and any other information relevant to the application; the information is important particularly for subjects/courses not in the Course Equivalence Database.
Only courses with a passing grade or above will be considered and applications with incomplete information or missing supporting documents will NOT be processed.